Whether you are an Olympic swimmer or a beginner and want to learn to swim, you are bound to learn all kinds of necessary swimming equipment while in the water.
All types of swimming equipment help to adapt to the water in a better way, some of which help to float on the surface of the water and some of them help to swim and slide smoothly in the water and many others, so we have provided you with all the information about the necessary swimming equipment through the Deep Dive Center First Center in teaching swimming skills and diving equipment in Istanbul.
Benefits of using swimming equipment
The importance of swimming equipment such as fins or oars lies in the fact that it is a great opportunity to promote professional swimming training, when used correctly swimming equipment can help to:
- Improve body posture while swimming and help tighten muscles.
- The ability to increase self-confidence while swimming.
- Swimming gear helps protect body organs such as the eyes and ears from entering the water.
- It helps to increase the feeling of greater comfort while swimming, especially for beginners which reflects positively.
- Strengthens the structure of the body and enhances muscle strength such as the use of ankle-resistant ligaments.
- The breathing tube helps regulate the breath and stay longer underwater.
- Some swimming equipment such as floating devices and an air jacket floats on the surface of the water.
Beginner swimming equipment
Swimwear is very important as it is made of special fabrics that work on water resistance which reduces weight on the swimmer, and it also lasts for a long time due to the quality of anti-fading fabrics even when used frequently in pools containing chlorine.
It is not preferable to wear the tight racing suits that athletes usually wear, but more modest suits can be found in sporting goods and department stores, as well as through some online vendors, as comfort is the most important criterion for measuring the quality of swimwear.
2- Swimming goggles
Goggles are one of the basic swimming equipment, they protect the eyes from chlorine and other substances found in swimming pools or in the sea, and they also make it easier to keep the eyes open when swimming to be able to see underwater more clearly, and also available in many stores prescription swimming glasses if wearing prescription glasses.
3- Swimming cap
Many swimmers prefer to wear swimming caps, especially women, in order to prevent hair from reaching the face and covering it during swimming, which hinders movement, and there are some people who prefer to protect their hair from chlorine in private pools, and many of these hats are made of latex, silicone or neoprene.
4- Flotation devices
There are a number of types of floating devices that facilitate learning to swim, especially for beginners, these tools keep the person’s body afloat, which makes him able to slow down and move as he wants without drowning or getting tired, and on the other hand, these tools increase the confidence of people who do not know how to swim.
5- Hand paddles
Hand oars give impetus to the arm blow because they move a larger amount of water, and there can be a lot of pressure on the arms and shoulders as a result of resistance in the water, so oars are used in water exercises to mimic resistance exercises that you do on the floor using dumbbells, but hand paddles make water exercise difficult.
So it is advisable to warm up in the water without it and then slowly increase the strength of the exercise as for any resistance exercise to avoid straining the arms and shoulder joints.
Professional swimming equipment
Professional swimming equipment is one of the essential things they adopt when they go to swimming pools or the sea, especially Olympic swimmers, so many swimming equipments are designed to help train strength and professionalism while swimming, for example:
1. Pull buoys
They are foam float devices that can be placed between the legs, used to strengthen the movement of the arm and focus on it, and the drag buoy also makes swimmers rely less on their legs to press into the water and rely more on the arms.
2- Swimming oars
It develops the strength of the arm by increasing the resistance to facilitate slipping into the water, it also helps in the development of appropriate mechanics for the blow, to increase the strength of the arm, and to improve the shape and technique of diving inside the water.
Professionals use kicking boards where they are based on converting the majority of the work to the legs when swimming to strengthen the legs, as well as help develop the appropriate kicking technique, as well as stretch ropes, and resistance bands that enhance the strength of the arm and leg together.
Children’s swimming equipment
Swimming for children is one of the most important water sports as it helps them to enhance and develop their skills and strengthen their bodies. Learning children’s swimming skills is also recommended by many trainers.
Some of the most important swimming tools that they must have with them are:
It is one of the necessary swimming equipment in children as it helps to float in the water easily for the small swimmer, and preferably made of fast-drying rubber lycra that makes it easy to wear, and take it off, and its size must be taken into account with the weight of the child.
2- Winged buoy
It is a suitable tool for children between the ages of 2 – 6 years, it works to support the chest and achieve balance inside the water.
3- Arm ligaments
It helps children swim for more space, so that the movement is more comfortable, and it is suitable for children aged 2-6 years.
4- Swimming jacket
It is a jacket made of materials that protect against ultraviolet rays, which may contain a number of floats on its sides, helping babies to swim from the age of 18 months to the age of 7 years to practice swimming safely and easily.
Additional tools when swimming
1- Swimming gloves
Swimming gloves help to get maximum water resistance, swimming gloves are available in different sizes to suit all sizes, and gloves with an adjustable closure to suit the size of the hand.
Earplugs help protect the ear from water entering it, which can cause infection due to the water remaining in the ear.
3- Breathing tube
It is a swimming equipment that helps the swimmer breathe with his head in the water, and this tube helps him maintain equal movement while swimming.
4- Ankle resistant ligaments
Resistance bands are used for strength training in swimming and resistance exercises and thus reach professionalism in swimming.
Swimming Skills Education Services at DeepDive Center
Deep Dive Center is one of the most important centers for teaching swimming,freediving, and diving with equipment in Istanbul as it is characterized by:
- It includes the most skilled professional trainers with a high level of efficiency and quality.
- Use the latest techniques and strategies to introduce the trainee to all types of swimming and teach all the required skills in a short time.
- DeepDive Training Center complies with all international standards and standards.
- The center has all the equipment and tools that the trainee needs, whether for swimming or diving.
- There are special training courses for women in the center in the presence of professional trainers and rescuers.
- The center also provides special training courses to teach children all swimming skills and increase self-confidence.
- Each trainee has an accredited international certificate provided by Deep Dev.
Frequently Asked Questions
What skills can an intern gain when learning to swim at Deep Dive Center?
1. Buoyancy on the abdomen with the movement of the legs to swim the chest.
2. Buoyancy on the back movement of the legs to swim the chest.
3. Swimming free legs and hands for a distance of (25) meters.
4. Compatibility between the movement of legs and hands in the chest.
5. Inhalation and exhalation in deep water ten times in a row.
6. Jump adjusted with legs and stand next to it (30 seconds) legs movement
7. Swimming underwater for a distance of (75 meters chest legs.
8. Start with a head jump and swim tree for a distance of 25 meters well
9. Start with a back jump and swim back for a distance of 25 meters well.
10. Start with a head jump and swim the chest for a distance of (25) meters well.
What is the cost of swimming courses for children?
The cost of the course ranges from $200 to $250.
What is the importance of swimming?
1. Helps strengthen the muscles of the body.
2. Activates blood circulation and regulates the heart rate.
3. Promotes lung health and helps regulate breathing.
4. Relieves psychological stressors >- Strengthens physical fitness and helps to slim.
Why is Deep Dive Center the best in Istanbul?
The Deep Dive Center houses the best and finest private pools rated 5 stars, and it also includes a group of the most skilled trainers in the world, not to mention the advanced techniques and strategies to teach the skill of diving and swimming, in addition to certificates accredited by the Turkish Ministry of Youth and Sports.
Essential Swimming Equipment for Beginners